Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ANNIERELLA coming up on June 23-25!

My ten-minute version of my "Annierella & the (Very Awesome) Good Queen Fairy Cowmother" will be one of nine plays performed by students aged 7-18 at the 4th annual SUMMER SHORTS Youth Education on Stage Festival at the Old Armory Theatre, Williston North Dakota June 23-24-25, 2009 and directed by Jack Dyville.

Each of the 9 Finalists will be performed three times, and 5 different adjudicators from Community Theatres, and High Schools and Colleges will score each play. A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be awarded plus an overall Audience Award for Popular Vote.

The other selections include:

ATTACK OF THE COOTIES by Zach Rothman-Hicks (New York, NY), DOG DAY AFTERNOON by my new friend Claudia Haas (White Bear Lake, MN), HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW by Ron Frankel (New Lebanon NY), NICK TICKLE, FAIRY TALE DETECTIVE in: WITCH CROOK TOOK THE BOOK? By my bestest new on-line playwright friend Steph DeFerie (Harwich MA), PREMATURE, by Russ Weeks (Seattle WA), THE GUITAR HERO by Kathy Coudle-King (Grand Forks ND) and THE TALE OF PETER RABBIT and BENJAMIN BUNNY by Evan Guilford-Blake (Stone Mountain GA).

I'm especially excited since I've met many of the other playwrights on-line within the last few months, and have had a chance to talk with them about writing. This is a thrill for me to have my first play EVER produced.

And if you can, get your selves up to North Dakota to see them. Wish I could beam myself up there!

happy trails,

bobbi c.

No comments: