Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Making progress...

Dear friends,

One thing I've noticed is that there seem to be tons of opportunities for playwrights these days....anything from theatres that do full productions, to festivals of ten-minute plays.

So far, I've managed to submit my full-length one act play to a contest in Texas, and have submitted my ten-minute play to three different other places, all in the last week.

My longer play is an adaption of the Cinderella story, told Texas style. I"m hoping that it becomes popular with both community theatres and high schools, since it is appropriate for both age levels and can use a larger cast if needed.

That's another thing I like about playwriting....the ability to submit them to as many places as I want. That's SO unlike other types of writing, where you send one story out to one editor, then wait, and wait,and wait.

Happy trails,

bobbi c.

No comments: