Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vampire plays...galore!

Dear friends,

For the first time ever, I read the entire original DRACULA book by Bram Stoker. The version of Dracula that we've seen often in movies isn't very similar to the original story in the book. I decided that I had to adapt it into a play, naturally. First of all, I wrote it pretty straight forward. Then, since I needed a short play for a youth festival competition, I wrote a ten-minute version (yes, I did! LOL). I guess all the brou-ha-ha about "those" vampire novels and movies was lurking in the back of my mind, so I named that one VAMPIRE FEVER!

Then, since I couldn't help myself, I did another longer version, Texas style. That one is titled DRACULA BITES! or, Texas Has a Vampire in It! and it's my favorite. A bit melodramatic, but that's what I was going for.

For now, I think I'll let Mr. Dracula rest.

Happy trails!

bobbi c.

No comments: